Where oh where to begin....
- Taught 4 classes, got my flu shot, and found out I had to attend a mandatory work meeting if I wish to keep getting paid.
- Skipped the teacher conferences for Kids 1 and 2 to attend the mandatory meeting, but emailed teachers selling the idea that I'm a good mom anyway.
- Got phone call from numberless Kid 's Spanish teacher saying he decided to share his quiz answers with a kid named Samson and now is forever labeled in Spanish class as Cheater Walters. Rethought the idea of me being a good mom.
- Finally sat down and took a Facebook break - and found out that when not fighting fires, Fireman Dave can be found in public discussion of all things controversial Here was my contribution to the discussion:
- Took Kid 1 shopping for Homecoming clothes and had a blood sugar crisis so sent Kid 2 to the dollar store for an emergency Snickers bar as we tried on a variety of ties and pocket squares.
- Taught 3 classes, got my hair cut and highlighted then went to SAM'S to buy food for the football team.
- Picked up Kid 1 from football practice, felt unappreciated and borderline flight risk, and put Kid 1 out of the car and told him to find his way home if I'm all that annoying. He obviously did because there was a trail of potato chip crumbs leading to his bed.
- Fed everyone else frozen corn dogs for dinner and me a bowl of cereal.
- Decided that enough is enough and went to bed as early as possible.
Fireman Dave and I went to the State Fair of Texas and took lots of fun selfies. I forgot everything else.
- Taught 4 classes and was starving.
- Remembered that I forgot to order the corsage for Kid 1's Homecoming date and begged the florist at the grocery store to help me.
- Went to Kid 1's football game, felt once again unloved and unappreciated and threatened to never feed him and his team mates again.
- I also wrote this post for the church.
- Taught 3 classes then went to a luncheon with some of the sweetest ladies a gal could teach aqua aerobics to each week.
- Argued the finer points of Homecoming mum gifting with Kid 1.
- Became borderline enraged with conversation about mum gifting and threatened to wear the girlfriend's mum myself.
- Reminded myself to keep trying not to say damn so much.
- Went to the Homecoming game, got ditched by our friends, so left and went to Sonic with Fireman Dave. Decided to drown our sorrows in fried foods and chocolate malts.
- Ate boneless hot wings for the first time in my life because I'm always late to the party.
- Dreamed that I was paying the cashier at some restaurant and she looked at me all disappointed like because I was obviously supposed to do something for her but I wasn't sure what. Turns out I was supposed to make tons of dream ham sandwiches for her.
- Considered it odd to be dreaming of sandwiches. Two more team meals and I plan to take a long awaited sandwich vacation.
- Woke to Kid 2 telling me I gave away his underpants to Kid 4 and the world is ending because of it. It was actually his baseball sliding shorts that he needed for a double header in about 20 minutes and so maybe his world really was ending at that moment.
- Checked to see if Kid 3 actually spent the night at a friend's house or if we accidentally left him at the football stadium. Found him safe and sound.
- Went to Kid 2's baseball game, but snuck out early because I had a post due for the Dallas Moms Blog that I waited till the very last second to write. Drove out of my parking place at the game and got a phone call from another mom saying Kid 2 was having a health issue at the game... and hurry, - come back now. Ran like any scared mom would to the side of her ailing kid to find out that it wasn't my kid at all, but another kid named Jose', bless his heart, who was in full panic attack mode with Fireman Dave by his side. Got bit by fire ants as I held Jose's hand and talked to him as a person who knows all too much about panic, and promised him I wouldn't let go till it passed.
- Had Homecoming corsage drama.
um.... wrong answer Kid 1...
But I obviously didn't give up because then I ran to the fabric store to get stuff to make Kid 1 a make shift pocket square for his suit... Then got the house all straightened up since Kid 1's girlfriend and her dad chose to meet him at our house to travel to the Homecoming dance. I guess to make sure we're not maniacs.
Found these items on the side table by the couch. Probably wise that girlfriend and dad did some fact checking before the date. (fyi... that's an air soft gun, but a real knife.) There was also some sort of brown goo on the front door that I discovered later. Maybe we really are maniacs.
And presenting the cutest couple at the dance.... She even brought me flowers to soften the blow of her stealing Kid 1's heart.
Y'all, it's been one of those weeks where I wore my bra inside out all day and wondered when I got so lumpy and why I never noticed it till now. It was one of those weeks where fast food became the norm and no food was the only other option. It was one of those weeks that became a check list of items to mark off the list.
And it's times like this that I completely understand why the body rebels against us and puts us into a panic, whether that be the kind my new friend Jose' and I experience, or whatever your body uses to get your attention.
Dreaming of sandwiches was a good reminder for me to slow down. It was a good reminder that it's okay to say no. And for Jose', I prayed for that young man, that he will see at his young age that we are the hardest on ourselves. And that we don't have to be.